Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tag Bag

ALL T-CODED STAMPS ARE 50% OFF THIS MONTH (ending 1/26)- FOLLOW THE LINK ON THE RIGHT SIDE TO SHOP TAC SECURELY ONLINE WITH ME!!

I am back with another project for you to try. I learned how to make this over five years ago. It is a bag made out of two tags and a strip of cardstock. When I learned this we didn't have all the fancy machines ate home for cutting tags. Shipping tags were used to make it and that is just what I have made it with ever since.

For this project you will need 1-8x10 piece of cardstock, two shipping tags, scissors, ribbon, stamps, ink, scraps of patterned paper. If you are using your own tags the size is 2 3/8 x 4 3/4 inches. I used the TAC stamp set Morning Buzz (TB-2942) which is one of the level B hostess rewards sets.

This is the diagram for the cardstock. You will score on the solid lines and cut the dashed ones out. So you are cutting out the four triangles, this makes the folding of the paper much easier.

Here is what the cut out cardstock looks like after I cut the triangles up and folded all the score lines up: Stamp your tags. I also used scraps of the Sands of Time papers to stamps my image and cut out to piece on the tags. Glue or tape the peices on and then edge your tags if you like.I also decided to stamp and edge my carstock - flip it over so the folds are downwards. Use your tape runner on the two middle tabs and attach the tags.Now use your tape runner on the other four tabs and fold up and attach to the inside of the tags.
Just add your ribbon through the top of your tags and your done!!
Now wasn't that simple. I have used these for holiday treats and for party favors. They can be adapted for almost any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment