Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Challenges from January

Hope everyone is having a great day!!! It was wonderful here today. We had 85 degrees and sunshine. Too bad it is only lastin one day, the cold front is already moving in.

I belong to several scrapbooking groups on cafe mom and there are constantly challenges to participate in. These are great because I get fresh ideas and some scrapping and cards accomplished. Which can be difficult in between work and the kids. Once the challenges end an anonymous voting poll is put up for all the members to vote on their favorite.

I want to share some of my challenges from last month. I was so excited that I won three card challenges and one scrap page challenge.



This card was made with "Catelynne Collection" from The Angel Company. I also used some of the GWP stamps that you can get free with a purchase of $30.


This card was great for using up some of those scraps that we all have. I also used one of the swirls from the "Butterfly Swirls" (T-2929) and the sentiment is from "Just Because" (T-2899) from TAC.
Here is another card that would be great for using up some of those scraps. The small peices are actually from the index page that comes with TAC's "Tutti Frutti" paper collection.
The sentiment is from the level A hostess stamps "laughter" TA-2960. You can get one of these stamps sets free for hosting a workshop or a book party with sales of atleast $100.
I added the cute little flower to cover a blemish I made with the ink. These are also from The Angel Company and come in a variety of colors.
I have been trying to keep up with scrapbooking, so I can start backtracking with older photos, but that plan isn't working too well.
Here is my two youngest playing last summer (thats how far behind I am) in the back yard.
The pictures were so bright and colorful that the "Tutti Frutti" papers complemented them so well. The paper comes with one sheet of phrases, that is where the "having a great time" came from.
One of the stamp sets in our new magalogue is "Marvelous Mottos" (T-2888), it is one of my favorite so I just had to work it into the page.
This was another entry that I won with. I used the slice for the title and the little flower, I just love that little machine.
I already completed five cards for the February challenge and want to do a couple more along with some other page sketches I want to finish.
I am excited about the cards I made, so we will see how they do. I would post them here for you , but I don't want to influence the voting because some of my cafe mom friends visit me here.
I also have another project I want to get posted but I haven't yet done the pictures for the tutorial. Hopefully I can get that done next week for you. Enjoy the rest of your week!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment