Thursday, March 12, 2009

February cards

We finally have rain here!!! Yay!!! Normally I wouldn't be cheering for three days of rain, but we haven't had any measurable rainfall since before Thanksgiving. So I will cheer this time. By Saturday I would like to put in my request for sunshine so I can go and see the wildflowers.

Here are my cards I entered in the February challenges. The voting is not done yet, but what the heck! I am posting them anyways. Also, if you scroll down to the bottom you can view current specials from The Angel Company.





This was my favorite of all the cards, I just love this paper. The patterned paper is from the Hemingway soar with it collection. The cute chair and stamps are from the EverydayEvents stamp set. This was my first time using water color pencils, I just love them.













"Swoosh there it is!!!", these stamps are from the NothinButNet stamp set. Talk about an easy card to make, not a thing to color. I used foam tape on the squares and inked the edges to give them some height. Patterned and cardstock are from the Winchester SWIC.










This card uses paper from the Penelope SWIC. I used the outer part of the "U" from the ABC frameworks. I covered it with paper, sanded the edges and embellished with some scrappers floss. I used a pop dot on the circle and stamped with "Love" from the forever stamp set.












Since I had so much fun with the watercolors on the first card, I decided to try it again. I used papers from the gentle beginnings designer collection. The stamps are also from the same stamp set EverydayEvents, this stamp set is great because it covers so many occasions.


















You gotta love the colors of the Genevieve papers. It stands out great on a black background, inking the edges makes it stand out even more. I added a sentiment from the TrendyGreetings stamps set. A very simple card.




Last but not least. This card is made with one of my favorite retired stamp sets. Isn't the dog so cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment