Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Test Posting

I thought I would check out how things work on this blogsite by posting one of my all time favorite mini books I did. Many of you have seen this book of mine before from my old blog, but you never saw the cover.

This is the view of the book tied closed.
The saying on the front reads "The laughter of a child is the light of a house" and is from a retired TAC stamp set.
I also used stamps from TAC sets "Spring Dream" and "Tag Tidbits".
Inks: Cotton White Opaque Stazon and Noir Palette
I took these pictures of my girls in black and white, so I decided to stick with those colors for the whole book. Of course I had to add some bling with silver stickles. I just love how it turned out.
I guess I should have tied the ribbons up for the above pictures, the picture below shows the cover and the ribbons tied up in the open position.

Well, there you go!! So, what have I learned from this first posting.
1. I should make the pictures larger
2.Place the pics with text next to them
3.Learn to take better pictures
The first two I can fix with settings before loading the pics, the last one may require a little more skills.
Anyways I am very excited about this blog and have some projects that I have been eager to try. With extra time off work for the holidays I should be able to get some more time to work on them. Make sure to enter your email address in the box on the upper right side of the blog to subscribe.
Please comment and let me know if there is anything that you can think of to make the blog better along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment